Two fundamental works of Canon Law. In one single volume in a fine contemporary binding. Fully rubricated im red and blue. Both volumes not in BMC - Only 4 copies in USA libraries.
Pope Bonfacius VIII (Benedetto Gaetano). Super arboribus consanguinitatis et affinitatis. Strasbourg: Johann Reinhard Grüninger, 14 February 1491. Clemens V, (Raimundus Bertrandi del Goth). Strasbourg: Johann Reinhard Grüninger, 19 March 1491.Two works in one volume, royal folio (408 x 279mm), Contemporary blindstamped leather over wooden boards, vol. 53 (of 54, lacking final blank). Nice incunable edition by the renowned. Strasburg Printer Johann Reinhard Grüninger. Printed in red and black, rubricated in red and blue.
The Liber Sextus Decretalium , part of the Corpus Juris Canonici , is a collection of regulations of canon law promulgated with the bull Sacrosanctae on 3 March 1298 by Pope Boniface VIII to integrate the Liber Extra , (the Decretalium by Pope Gregorius IX) with the new canonical norms issued by 1234. It was initially intended as an appendix to the same Liber Extra by Gregorio IX, but it is better considered a real collection by itself. Divided into five books, based on the example already provided by the Quinque compilationes antiquae, the anthologies grouping the decretals issued in the period following the issuing of the Decretum Gratiani , composed, in order, by Bernardo Balbi, Giovanni di. Wales, Innocent IV, Giovanni Teutonico, and Tancredi from Bologna. At the end of the work it appears, for the first time in a canonical compilation, the De Regulis Iuris (in imitation of the Digest), written by the jurist Dino del Mugello.The work is then followed by the fundamental treatise on family by Giovanni De Andrea, the. By Pope Clemens V, or. But so designated by historians and canonists of the Middle Ages, were officially promulgated by Clement V in a consistory held at Monteaux, near Carpentras (southern France) on 21 March 1314, and sent to the University of Orléans and the Sorbonne in Paris. The death of Clement V, occurring on 20 April of the same year, gave rise to certain doubts as to the legal force of the compilation. Consequently, John XXII by his Bull. Of 25 October 1317, promulgated it again as obligatory, without making any changes in it. Johannes Andreæ compiled its commentary, or.
It was not an exclusive collection, and did not abrogate the previously existing laws not incorporated in it. (14551533) was a German printer mainly based in Strasburg, whose career spanned from 14821533 and produced up to 500 publications. Grüninger was one of the single most prolific printers of Strasbourg, printing up to 80 books a year.
While a great deal of his publications was Catholic, he managed to print a great variety of works ranging from humanist to scientific texts. His work was equally representative of both Latin and the vernacular; about 39% of his works were printed in Latin and the remaining 61% in German. Small tear to a1 of first work professionally restored on verso without loss, some small wormholes and faint marginal staining, original clasps missing, binding lightly rubbed, a few splits in leather, but in general a fine copy, internally very clean and perfectly preserved, of an interesting and rare edition of a precious collection of two among the most important and well-known legal work of that time. Heinrich Sedelhammer (from Manching, Bavaria, a student at Ingolstadt University; inscription dated 1553) Johannes Pfrontner (from Füssen, a student at Ingolstadt University; partially erased inscription) Georg Hennschberger (inscription dated 1623) Cuno Hernndl (inscription dated 1630) Dingolfing, Franciscan Monastery (inscription). This copy of the Liber sextus Decretalium is the variant with the red printing on leaves 45 and 46; HC 3617, 5444; GW 4887, 7107; neither work is in BMC; BSB-Ink B-727, C-458; ISTC ib01005000, ic00735000; Goff B-1005, C-735.
The item "1491 TWO RARE FUNDAMENTAL INCUNABULA OF CANON LAW IN A FINE CONTEMPORARY BINDING" is in sale since Monday, May 25, 2020. This item is in the category "Books\Antiquarian & Collectible". The seller is "bibliofind" and is located in Bagnols en Forêt. This item can be shipped worldwide.