Joannes Patriarchi (fl. 1790s) Portrait of a gentleman, rare miniature
A very rare portrait miniature by Italian artist Joannes (Giovanni) Patriarchi who worked in 1790s. Schidlof does not offer any biographical information about this artist and mentions only two of Patriarchi's known miniatures painted in ca 1790. However, other (Web; see our additional image) sources inform that the artist "Giovanni Patriarchi Romano" i. Had won the 2nd prize for a painting shown at the 1778 exhibition in "Reale Accademia del Disegno" in Florence.
Benezit, on the other hand, names Patriarchi an "Austrian artist" - possibly as a result of the artist's working engagement in Austria perhaps at the Court of Vienna? For his other work in our possession, see our web #42982.
Measurements: UNFRAMED:6,4x5,2cm/2,5x2,0in FRAMED: 6,8x5,6cm/2,7x2,2in. Technique: watercolor on natural material. Creator Dates: born in Rome? Themes: TEMP ITALIAN MALE PORTRAIT.
PLEASE NOTE: We are NOT professional packers! This item is in the category "Art\Paintings". The seller is "boris_wilnitsky_fine_arts" and is located in this country: AT. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Artist: Joannes (Giovanni) Patriarchi
- Unit of Sale: Single Piece
- Signed By: Joannes (Giovanni) Patriarchi
- Size: Small
- Signed: Yes
- Item Length: 2.2 in
- Region of Origin: Europe
- Framing: Framed
- Subject: Fashion, Figures, Men, Portrait, Figures & Portraits
- Size Type/Largest Dimension: FRAMED: 6,8x5,6cm/2,7x2,2in
- Listed By: BORIS WILNITSKY FINE ARTS
- Type: Painting
- Year of Production: 1790s
- Original/Licensed Reproduction: Original
- Item Height: 2.7 in
- Style: Miniature, Portraiture, Portrait Miniatures
- Features: Miniature
- Production Technique: Watercolor Painting
- Handmade: Yes
- Time Period Produced: 1750-1799